CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 19, 2007

the new botox

i swear forget botox for those frown lines and face creases....all you have to do is go get some cornrows slapped in your head...i have never looked up so much in my life...in fact as i type this my head keeps bobbing...

and it all started with a man...isnt it always like that? last weekend my marine told me i would look cute with a head full of braids...and i agreed with him...HA!...only prolem, im not willing to sit in a chair for 8-12 hours and have my hair braided...so of course by monday i had scratched the idea and was already thinking about what store i should i go to to pick up a relaxer...on tuesday my girl rolls into work with some real cute cornrolls...now i live in a place where there are not a lot of black folks, ergo, not a lot of black businesses, meaning, no beauty shops catering to black women, therefore... i HAD to know where she got her braids...and she told of this spot that opened up near the Target store i just about live at...

so of course...i dream of cornrolls that night and how my marine would like them...not micros like he was thinking about...but dammit its a compromise...

so wednesday i went up to the shop and made and appointment and thursday morning i was sitting in a chair while the stylist threw a bag and a half of yakky 1B in my head...

and now thursday night...im sitting at work ready to get home and throw a hot towel over my head and loosen these suckers up...

the things we do for love huh...lol...he better throw compliments at me all weekend for the pain i am going through right now...lol

i took saturday off so it our first full weekend together without me having to work in a long time...so it feels kinda special to us...we are actually making plans to do something other than eat, watch movies and lay up on the couch...which i dont mind but its nice to have something special to look forward too...

i have this killer baby blue dress i bought MONTHS ago and i told him i wasnt going to wear it until i had somewhere special to go...so i get to pull it out this weekend..i hope it still fits...lol..all that eatin and layin up on the couch cant be good...

other than that life is good...my little one, Lily, is getting bigger...and badder...no home training, yeah its my fault...

i am addicted to goodreads.com...so many books, so little time...

i need to drink more water...i was doing good for awhile so i haev to get back into it...along with the gym..i went once this week..not good enough...at least now that i got these braids i dont have to worry about what to do with my hair after the gym...so i have to get back in there and work myself out...i have loaded up my mp3 player, i have enough gym clothes, so i should have no excuses...

i need a little motivation...let me go find some...hold on....

ok, im going to pretend they are my personal trainers and are waiting at the gym for me....im motivated, are you?

4 comments:

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

If they were in front of me, I would be very much mmotivated. LOL! I need to get back in the gym and back on my diet. I was doing so well. I've just been lazy about a lot of things this past month.

I was thinking of getting my hair braided too because I'm tired of the short cut. I don't know what to do with it when it's touch up time.

Vee said...

I'm with you! Let Mike or Tank be waiting for ME at the gym! I'm there all day everyday!

lyre said...

Great minds. i am getting a bit tired of the perm. I want those big fat braids.

Eb the Celeb said...

defintely motivated by Michael Ealy... I dont even like light-skinned brothas but when he came on the scene it made me want to sway my taste... tank is a cutie but hella-short!