CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

searching.....

im really goin hard on this job search right now, good thing copy editors are always in need, ive gotten a bite from a paper in VA, and i was excited until i began thinking.....if i get the job ill be going to another new town where i dont know anyone and i be like i am now ---> wishing i had my close girls with me....i mean for 4 years i was with my best friends almost every day and even during summer break we managed to visit each other....and now for the past year and some change it just been me in indiana by my darn self....and while i do enjoy the peacefulness and i have learned a lot about myself, i miss my girls....i mean yes we talk at least once a week but i havent physically seen any of them in over a year....

i was on the phone with my girl 'Drea, the one in NY, yesterday and we were content going through our glamour magazines together, kinda lame but it was fun, we started reminiscing about the places we used to go and hopefully we will get together soon, but i dont know since she is starting business school at the end of the month....

so i decided that im going to look for jobs in areas near them, yes it sounds kinda unconventional but considering that my best girlfriends are in new york, atlanta and north carolina, im not afraid that i wouldnt find a job....im mainly lookin around new york, new jersey, virginia and all over georgia and i am finding a lot of places i could go....i decided that i would even branch out into magazine editing because i found a few magazines that are hiring although most of my education and experience is in newspapers and id like to stay in newspapers for a little while longer before going back to school....but this is fun and exciting....for the past couple weeks i was stressing over my job and my bills and not seeing my man friend and i was getting a lot of tension headaches and my neck and shoulders were all stiff....but since i started really getting into the job searches and opening up to the possibility of moving ive began to feel a little better...although i still could really go for seeing my man friend, lol...i guess sometimes u just have to really stop worrying about the future and do something to effect it...

i even reconnected with a girl from school, we had tons of classes together since we were both English majors...i met her mentor when i was in reno at my fellowship a month ago...and then i was online and saw that her paper was hiring so i emailed her and asked what was up...she said they r trying to fill her spot cause she is moving to another paper (damn, i was hoping we could meet up) but she said that the editor of her paper is a spelman alumna, sounds good to me, that spelman connection is every where, that how i got my first fellowship....i hope one day i can look out for some grads myself...the sisterhood is crazy....but anyway i told her i would apply and we shall see what happens....im not putting all my eggs in one basket so i have my resume and clips in rotation at a few other places....

so thats it as far as my life at the moment, i have to get on the church newsletter this week, me and my boy been slackin this month, hopefully we will have it ready for print by the end of the week, i gotta do an interview for it...

i also got back into my tae bo, im lovin billy blanks, he aint much to look at but he really makes u work out...i was hoping to start working out in the morning before work, but that aint happening...so ill just have to do it after work like i been doing...

buy yeah thats about it, just hanging out with myself, dreaming big and working hard....

1 comments:

soul said...

hmm taebo..
now thats something i haven't tried yet.
:)