CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

love, marriage and vegas...

hey beautiful people!
so here i am sitting at work snackin on some twizzlers....waiting for the night to end so i can wrap up and go home...i think CNN is on every tv right now...we are focused on the convention...im editing and designing the weeklies so i am knee deep in local/community news...tuesday's are probably my most relaxing days at work...my editor leaves at 8 p.m. so i am usually done by 8:15...but my shift is not up until 11...so i usually help other copy editors out and skim the news and gossip sites...

random: dont know why i like that t-pain and lil wayne song...i just do...plus i just love lil wayne's swagger...very sexy...

my sweetie and i are planning a trip to vegas to celebrate 2 years of putting up with each other...i mean two years of love and companionship...lol...im really excited...i live about 4 hours from vegas and have not taken time to go and visit..im not a gambler so i never really thought there would be anything for me to do in vegas...but he has been a few times with his boys...he has been researching hotels and want us to get spa treatments and im thinking he wasnt to go see a show...thought im not sure what...i wanna be surprised so im not asking...i told him since he was paying for all that id rent a nice car for the trip...

i told my co-worker that we were planning to go to vegas and he said "uh oh, yall gonna get married." ummm no...lol...i love the thought of marrying him..but it def wont happen that way... we talk about the future a lot...but we havent brought up marriage..and im cool with that..at a time when i have friends getting married and having babies i know we are not at the place just yet...i dont think about my biological clock or anything like the magazines say i should...i remember my best friends and i had it all planned at 22 that we would be married by 26 and pop out a kid by 30....well im 27 and in love...and thats just fine with me...would i love to be engaged? well the concept sounds real good, and im pretty sure a diamond would looke wonderful on my finger..if anything, its would be an excuse to get regular manicures...but a ring isnt that important at the moment...he is trying to start his career and im trying to figure out my next move...but long as we are both moving in the same direction i know that it will happen eventually...its all in God's hands, so if thats his plan, i wont argue, lol...

i think this is the first guy i ever really, truly thought about spending the rest of my life with...we just have so much fun..and half the time we are finishing each others thoughts and we both want the same things out of life...he compliments me and i do the same for him...we make each other better...its been almost two years and i can still talk about him all day and just thinking about him makes me smile...i look at him sometimes and think "damn he is gorgeous" lol...so i know this is some real love and im just enjoying it...i know i can tell him anything...ok, im done...lol...i told you i can talk about him all day....

so...who has been to vegas? where are some good places to eat, walk around, site see, etc? what are some good anniversary gifts for a guy? i have a couple ideas but could always use more...

8 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Hey Spel!

I'm very happy for you and this relationship. Having someone that makes you feel this way is truly beautiful.

I've never been to Vegas, but seems like everyone is going these days, so I may plan a trip with the Divas very soon.

I wanna see pics!

chele said...

I went to Vegas a few years ago with a girl friend. It was a "spite" trip to make my man mad so I didn't have as much fun as I would have had I gone with him.

They have great restaurants and the shopping is also incredible. I don't gamble either but we still had a good time. We went to the spa at Mandalay Bay, visited the M&M factory (don't ask) and saw George Wallace at the Flamingo.

You'll have a great time!

Eb the Celeb said...

aaawwweee... love is so cute... good luck missy

as far as vegas... you gotta hit up the buffets... all of the damn buffets


the buffet in the wynn is one of my favs... but just hit up all the buffets...

key word here is buffet...lol

anniversary gift... I would say a watch.. a nice watch

lyre said...

I went to Vegas and ate at New York New York. Have Fun!

Vee said...

things never go as planned but at least you've found love!!!!! it only will happen in God's time!

:-)


Enjyo yourself in VEGAAAAAAAAAAS!!!!

Eb the Celeb said...

girl... I have been hating t-pain since he came out.. but shhhhh... he keeps coming out with hit so with that last one... cant believe it... I'm just giving up the fight and admitting that I like this song

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

ummmm...get back on. You've been tagged.

Virtuous said...

Wow I remember when you 1st started dating him...that was 2 years ago!!

I wish you two nothing but the best together!