CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 15, 2006

I went hiking...

...up a mountain....and i swear i will never do it again...
i have monday's and tuesdays off so over the weekdend at work i heard a couple co-workers saying they were gong hiking on tuesday...so i invited myself...we are a close knit group so someone is always inviting themselves somewhere...
now mind you it is about 100 degrees outside (thats actually a cool day) and we get to the mountain at about 3 p.m. instead of starting at the base we drive up a ways to this parking lot...the parking lot is for the tram - u can pay 20 dollars and take a rotating tram car (looks like a glorified, round incased ski lift)up to the toop of the moutain and go hiking on trails up further, or just take pics or the gorgeousness (not a word, i know), there is also a mountain top resturant...i took that trip when i first got here...ill post the pics maybe...
anyway, so me and my 2 co workers park in the lot and decide to trek down and then come back up...the walk down wasnt bad, its all an incline so you can feel it in your shins but its good exercise right...so we get about a mile and half down, wander around a bit then decide to come back up...at about the mile marker i tell the boys to go bring the car down and ill just stay here...but they werent having that...told me to test myself..to build up my endurance...then they tried to really get me...told me that this will help me build my endurance so the next time i have sex i can go all night...i looked at them and told them i dont need to go all night a good 15 minutes is fine with me...they laughed, i was serious...
so we keep climbing...going straight up, the incline was ridiculous, i could feel it in my butt, my thighs, shoot even my arms...my heart was racing...one of the guys told me to put my arms above my head...ummm, i tried but my arms couldnt make it that far..
so we climb some more..they are having a great time...one of the guys does this at least twice a week except he starts at the base goes 3 miles up and then 3 miles back down...oh HELL no...im drinking water, pouring water on my head, on my shirt i woulda pored it down my shorts but the guys woulda loved that too much...
finally we make it back to the car, where i promptly slip into the back seat...
i decided to check out my belly ring, something i do at least 3 times a day...dunno why...but i noticed that it was really red around the area and puffy...since we were driving back down the mountain anyway i tell them to drive downtown so i can go to the piercing shop...which is a few doors down from the bar we all hang out at..so you know where the guys went...so i go get it checked out, they tell me it is fine, nothing is wrong but ill probably have to come back in a couple weeks and get a gold ring...which makes sense..i can only wear gold in my ears or they get irritated so why shouldnt that be true for my belly...the piercing guy tells me for the gold bar its $150 buck but its $60 bucks for the hoop i said "what"...he laughed and says you are an expensive woman, i told him my mama tells me that at least once a week...and im getting the hoop later...
so i walk back down to the bar and take a seat with the boys...now mind you i look A HOT MESS, but im just not caring im happy to be off the mountain...they order beer and hot dogs, i get a smirnoff ice..not the best way to rehydrate, i know...
as we are talking i look out the window and see the cute guy i met last week he is a friend of a co-workers...he has the cutest dimples...so of course i tell the guys that "so-in-so's" friend from last week..oh really, go talk to him...i was like umm, no i look horrible...sooo one of them goes out and invites him in for a drink...damn...it was cool though we talked for almost an hour he is a nice guy...
we left after that and i got my car, went home and hit the shower...after all that i passed out on the couch around 10 and made it to my bed about 11...i got a couple text messages to come hang out but my body was hurting, i couldnt move...
so they want to go up this mountain again next tuesday..i keep saying naw i aint going...but i have a feeling i might end up climbing up the sucker again...my mama thought the idea of me hiking was hilarious...
im sitting at work now, finally got some down time cause it was a busy day...my body HURTS...i need a big bath tub, some epson salt and a massage...

1 comments:

Shy Ritz said...

HAHAHA So u don't like hiking huh... I love hiking and camping