CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

GIRL, DO BETTER!

ive been thinking about this whole new years resolution thing...i never make them...i mean i do think that january brings a feeling of starting anew...but im not starting anything new...my boyfriend....

(warning: i will probably reference him any chance i get for a little while, but he is just soo damn cute yall, and we are still in that whole "honeymoon" stage so bare with me, im sure it will get annoying but just bite ya tongue and roll ya eyes, ya girl is happy thats what matters right? right? right?)

...anyway he asked me what was my new years resolution...and well, since i dont really make resolutions i thought up somethin real quick that he would like and i cant really repeat what i said because its not really PG-13, but lets just say it put a big ole smile on his face and a big ole smirk on mine...

but i started thinking the other day....resolutions arent so bad if you plan to really use it as motivation to get ya life together or try something new...but i still cant get with it...sooo i decided that instead of resolving to do something new, ill resolve to do what i already do but better...so i came up with my DO BETTER list...

back in the day, if someone said or did something real random, or strange, or just REAL unnecessary...u would look at them roll ya eyes, cock ya head to the side and say "u need to do better" or when its just a tragic mess we would shorten it up and say just say "do better"(or was that just where i was from?)

so im giving myself the look...here is my DO BETTER list:

1. going to the gym...clearly, Gold's Gym is debiting 45 dollars out of my account every month, i need to go more than ummmmm, once a month - girl U NEED TO DO BETTER!!

2. saving...target is the devil...i cant go in there without buying some uneeded piece of merchandise, whether its a new candle, or candle holder, or shirt, or bag, or necklace, or face wash, or mascara...you get the hint..instead of wasting my money on little stuff i need to just keep it in my account - babygirl, DO BETTER!!

3. eating out...my everyday routine involves indulging in a cup of coffee when i wake up, then finally around 2 p.m. ill decided to get dress and by 3 im stopping off at some resturant grabbing some food to eat at my desk while i start work...i need to cook more, they know me at at least 4 different spots around town...i took my boyfriend to my fav pizza place the other day and he gave the the craziest look when the owner smiled and said "hi, shauna did you call in your order today?" yeah so i need to hit the grocery store and lay off the dining out - girl, U NEED TO DO BETTER!!

4. keeping in touch with friends, fam and old colleagues..im bad yall, so bad, and i have no real excuse...it takes me days to return an e-mail, weeks to return a phone call, and my myspace messages, yeah...real bad...and well...ive warned folks not to leave a voicemail, it wont get answered because i check my voicemail maybe twice a month...maybe...funny, the best way to get ahold of me is to text message me (i stay typing on my phone, its got the QWERTY keyboard, love it!) or catch me on my ride to work, meaning you have to actually know my hours....yeah so i pretty much only talk to my mama around that time...so i gotta stop putting things off, i could really break down some bridges if i dont start hollering back at my people...to those who know i have this issue ya girl plans to DO BETTER!!

ok..i know i have some others but i cant think of them at the moment...yall, im a work in progress, please be patient with me...God is not through with me yet (i used to love that song)

0 comments: