CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 28, 2008

saying goodbye to a good month

its been a sweet month...my daddy turned 63 a couple weeks ago...my bro fell truly, madly, deeply in love with some woman he is calling "the one" who i have yet to meet and size up...my mama is still making sure everyone in her family is staying healthy and happy...and i have spent the month working and being a home body...i did manage to go see a few movies (semi-pro = funny...shutter = should have waited for the dvd), hit up olive garden and my fav sushi spot, put together an impromptu bbq complete with margaritas and a very vocal, and slightly heated game of Cranium and drink numerous bottle of champagne....

i thought of a few things to write about...my sister circle of bloggers...i just want to reach out and hug all yall...reading your thoughts and experiences keeps me motivated to place my hopes and dreams out there...

i noticed i havent been reading as much as i used to...im thinking its because i have been watching more movies...books used to be my escape and maybe movies are becoming that too...still there is nothing better than cracking open a new book..so i may have to make some time to get back to reading...something i have loved to do since i was little...i get off work early tonight and my sweetie is going to go hang out with his boys so maybe i will get a new book started since i have the place to myself...i have a couple books on the shelves i have been meaning to get to for quite a while...

life is quiet right now...flowing...i was just talking to my girl andrea about not letting life get to stale...we agreed that we should never be afraid to reinvent ourselves..or step out and try something new...be it career, fashion or relationship...i belive any facet of your life can be freshened up, or changed...why let yourself get stuck in a rut? i feel like that sometimes...i feel like my life is so planned out...im feeling rather vanilla...and i cant wait for somthing to happen..i have to make it happen..i pray a lot about life too..ask for direction...i do dream big...and i love that part of me...but i also must be realistic...and i know that God will keep me in line...lol...i want a lot for myself...and i cant be lazy about life...see, what happens when you have good conversation with friends? life just seems so much easier...and you tend to smile more...

2 comments:

Vee said...

I think you've definitely hit the nail on the head when you said that a facet of a person's life could use some freshening up.

I think that everyone should find ways to make certain things that are good that much better by throwing in some changes here and there, seeing what fits and going with it!

I was wondering where you've been! Glad all is well!

lyre said...

simple is the key. my life is getting simpler and i find myself choosing happiness.