CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Hola

Happy June!
Hope everyone is well. It's been quite a while since i have gotten on here and shared my life. I guess I've just been a little lazy lately with the blogging...I think I may have needed a little time out...not that i am the most regular blogger in the world in the first place but...well, you know...i did miss blogging though...i was so used to gathering up a few thoughts and sharing...

but lets see..in the last few weeks...Ely and I went to michigan to see my family...that was a fun trip, i was a little nervous at first because he had never met my parents..only talked to my mom on the phone a few times...but we have been together more than 2 years, it was past time to make that trip..i still have to visit his folks but we spent so much money on the michigan trip...thats going to have to be put on hold for a few months...the time at home was nice though...he got to see where i grew up and the places i worked in high school and the places i used to hang out at during summers home in college...

of course he had to stay at my big bro's house... my mama aint have that, lol...but it was cool, they had already met about a year ago so they were cool...we really didnt do much, just relax and chill with my family...my mom LOVES him...my dad..well, he likes him and thats as much as you are going to get from my dad....

while we were in michigan we had to break the news to my dad that we were living together...that was an interesting night...full of emotion..i think we all cried at one point...but it was good...my parents finally started seeing me as more than just their little girl...i have never had an experience like that...but they saw that we were serious about our relationship and are committed to each other...my mom is trying to start planning now...ive had to tell her a few times to calm down...we will work that out when the time is right...i am happy right now, our relationship is beautiful and i dont believe in rushing to get married just because we have chosen to live together...

other than that life has been pretty uneventful...TRYING to save money...which doesnt seem to happen as often as i would like...there is always some bill popping up...sometimes i just dont know what to do...but i try my hardest not to stress about money...my bills are paid, my car had gas and i am employed...i have a lot more going for me that a lot of people...to i am learning to appreciate what i have and thank God for all his blessings...speaking of God, i am really happy we found the church we have been attending for a few months...i learn something new every week...im growing...i just have to be patient with myself...

i know i have a lot more to so spill but i cant seem to get it together right now...i should write down my thoughts and feelings daily...and i do A LOT of thinking...sometimes i get so inside my head i have to make myself stop...i have to make myself to engage in conversation so folks dont think something is wrong with me...

on a lighter note...i got a hair cut..its a cute bob..ill have to post a photo as soon as i get my camera working...i really am loving it...its very summery...

How is life treating you fellow bloggers? Has Hunnie had the baby yet? Is the economy hitting ya'll hard? How is the weather, lol?

I'll be back soon...i think my blog break is over...

1 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

WOW!!

You are all grown up!

Having your parents meet him was a big step... telling them you two live together was a LEAP!

I am so happy for you that your family has accepted him and your new life.

Parents are sometimes very hard to please and they know they raised you right, so they trust your decision.