CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 29, 2004

Vicatin:the best medicine in the world....

the day before Thanksgiving, i logged off my computer, said good-bye to co-workers and started on my five hour trip home. i left work early that day because there was supposed to be a snow storm coming in later that night. i left right before lunch thinking i would make it home in time to watch Oprah with my mom.
it was raining the whole drive and about and hour in a half from home the roads started to get icy and slick.
and then my car started sliding and spinning. my car hit the guardrail and then bounced off it if and started spinning again, the back of my car catching the guardrail one more time before my car came to rest in the median in the middle of the highway.
this thanksgiving i am thankful for life.
my car looks to be totaled and everything was beat up on my car except for the driver side door. i mananged to climb out of my car and call the police, insurance agancy, my mom and dad.
my parents drove through the snow storm to come and pick me up and then drove over 2hours back home.

i was able to have thanksgiving dinner with my family and even though i ended up going to the emergency room thanksgiving night - i acutually ended up having a great time in the ER with my mom....we were cracking up at the folks who came through, like the guy they put on morphine and then he started telling all his little business, to the cute guy who wheeled the patients around, i actually think my mama was trying to get on.
i had a great time at home, even though i was doped up on vicatin for a little while. i realized i how much i missed my family and how good it feels to be at home with people who care about me and want the best for me.
this thanksgiving was really special to me, if my car had spun on more time it would have been me hitting the guardrail.
this accident was like a wake up call, i am not going ot take the littlest things for granted, i am going to strive to be a better sister, daughter, friend...and im am going to tell people thank you and how i feel about them more often...

so happy belated thanksgiving to everyone...take care, be safe and thanks for reading...




2 comments:

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

Hey Spel...I'm glad you are cool. God's angels are blessings indeed.

Spelangel said...

thanks sevens...you know i was and still am sending up many thanks you's...i just feel very blessed...