CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 19, 2007

i have a new motto...

"spend no money, add no calories"

this is my motto for when i meet up with the crew on tuesdays and thursdays....sometimes wednesdays, fridays and saturdays too...we like to mix it up every now and then...

im not a big drinker...i did my thing in college but have mellowed out a lot since then...once i arrived in cali i found out one of the local bars was the meeting spot for everybody...and i found myself drinking a lot more than i had in a long time...i had to take a step back and ask myself why am i trying to keep up with everyone else...why am i drinking at least 3 to 4 days out the week?...not enough to get drunk but just the fact that i had one drink or two drinks a night was more than i needed...

so now when i go out, sometimes ill have a cute little cosmo or nothing at all...i usually keep a bottle of wine or two at the house just in case when folks come over i have something to offer...

ok..my motto...ive been mulling over my DO BETTER list...and it hit me...i can knock out two birds with one stone...saving money and getting in better shape...

so basically now when i meet up with everyone at the bar...ill drink water....water is free and water has no calories...have yall checked out the calories in beer and liquor...yeah...i could use those calories for something else like real food...

and even though i do usually get the hook up on my tab...pennies add up...i could save that money and pay a bill...i swear sprint is getting rich off me...

since i already have cut back...breaking my ties completely shouldnt be that difficult...im sure ill have a glass of wine every now and then and im sure ill have a cosmo every now and then...if nothing, im realistic...but im motivated to just chill out, i dont need it...im trying to DO BETTER this year....

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shauna.

I am making this ALL public... I was talking to Rochelle last night, and she mentioned that you had a blog, so I decided to check you out. Lo and behold! Here you are, making resolutions and sh** (I am a teacher; I have to keep it PG-13).

I can't believe how much you have grown. You got me wishing I was twenty five again! I LOVE YOU, Shauna.

I miss our DI days, because the hustle and bustle of real life is exhausting. I work, I buy things,then I go back to work. LOL. However, I am enjoying the process--the life process, the growth process. You know the deal.

Anyway, I miss the newsroom. How is the copy desk? I say this a lot, but we really should plan to get together soon.

I heard about the DI reunion. I guess I wasn't invited because I no longer work as a journalist. That makes sense...I wish Robbie and I could have remained cordial though. But you know how that is--Robbie has a difficult time staying "cool" with people who make decisions with which he does not agree. But, in case he reads your blog, I LOVE YOU, ROBBIE MORGANFIELD!!! lol

Keep in touch girl. I miss you. Tell your mom and dad I said "hello."

peace.