CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

time to change it up

so i went and got my hair done last thursday...its now tuesday and my roots are already sweated out from exercising...but im not mad cause im starting to see some nice changes in my body...so imma keep up the exercising...i want to buy the victoria secret swimsuit i have been staring at for 4 weeks and then head to the beach...im thinking san diego..its only 2 hours away...im giving myself 3 more weeks to get bikini ready...

anyway..thats not what this post is about...so on to my hair...

i was chatting with my stylist (ive been going to her for about 2-3 months now) and i asked her is it time for a touch up...she looked at me and said "you have a perm?!" *shock*..."how long has it been since your last one?!" i told her about 6 months...she looked at me with her eyes all bugged out and said "you dont need to relax your hair"

so..i think im just going to ride the wave and go natural...once she got done pressing out me hair she told me to feel how soft my new growth (at least half of my hair has grown out) and compare it to the part that still has relaxer...wow...the texture was soo much softer...i keep rubbing the top of my head now, lol

so i am going to make an appointment tommorrow to have my hair cut into a cute bob...that way i get rid of some larger portions that still have relaxer...im a little nervous though...ive been getting my hair relaxed since i was 16...but im also ready for a change...especially if it means healthier hair...

i have pretty soft hair anyway...when i was litle my mama would just put a little water on the brush and brush my hair up and i was good to go...it gets wavy but i have never had any problems detangling it or anything...so im pretty confident i can make this transition...it will be a nice change of pace...

i am a little worried because i live in the desert and it gets HOT...the sun is crazy out here and i dont want my hair to start breaking off or anything...that happened the first summer i was here...but i also didnt have a stylist at the time and this girl keeps me trimmed up and conditioned...

so now im trying to find a photo of how i want her to cut my hair...i have one of me from 2003 when i had the best bob in the world so i am hoping she can do something like that...but im also searching the internet for ideas...

wish me luck! maybe ill post a pic of the new do once i get it...

3 comments:

Vee said...

Yes you DO notice the difference without the relaxer and hair is MUCH happier without the chemicals!

I tried to go natural I did it for about 6 months but my hair and soft and spongey. The humidity got to my hair so the pressed unrelaxed hair would gradually start poofing! YIKES!

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

Keep it moisturized of course. Which swim suit are you thinking of ordering? I ordered two the other day from VS.

Lola Gets said...

Go for it! My current hairdresser doenst understand why anyone permed my hair in the first place - it really doesnt need it. And my natural hair is sooo much softer and I can do more things with it naturally than I could permed. I hope you like the change!

L