CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 30, 2008

you knew it was coming...

so sex and the city is coming out tomorrow...a group of ladies from my office are going to see it together...ive skimmed a couple articles about making it a girls night, complete with dinner and cosmos...

i think...im going to go see it by myself on sunday or monday...im sure there is some kind of b-ball game to entertain my sweetie while i dip out for awhile...

i love the sex and the city series...ive seen every episode numerous times...my ex roomie had the whole collection of seasons...and we used to spend weekends eating, drinking and watching the ladies go through there ups and downs...and talking about our own issues...it was a great bonding experience...those days are over...but i still love the series...

there are so many quizzes out there helping ladies figure out which character from the series they are most like personalitywise, stylewise, etc...but in my mind..i think every women is a combination of each lady...i know there are certain times/situations in my life where i think back and can identify with each lady...

but anyway...for some reason i kinda wanna have the sex and the city experience by myself...the whole series/movie just makes me feel like being independent and trendy...makes me wanna treat myself...makes me feel like my other self...when i was living in indiana and all i had was myself to depend on from day to day...and when i first moved to california a couple years ago...making my own way, handling business and having a great time...the show makes me take time out to think about me, the things i have been through and how i am a better person now because of my experiences..good, bad and ugly...

i think the show is all about finding out who you are for youself and appreciating yourself flaws and all..oh, and its about shoes, sex, love and fashion...and being a woman...as ntozake shange says..."bein alive & bein a woman & bein colored is a metaphysical dilemma/ i havent conquered yet"...but im making strides...

2 comments:

Vee said...

SATC!!! I can't WAAAAAIT!

lyre said...

I went to see it Sunday with my sister. I KNOW I am Samantha! LOL