CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 08, 2005

I have an Ear Infection!

so...i had a cold that started up last tuesday...coughing, and congestion...by friday i was miserable and left work early....i was pumping myself full of Advil sinus/headache and Wallgreen's version of Robotussin, Wal-Tussin (which is actually exactly the same as the more expensive Robotussin, check the ingredients, and 2 bucks cheaper)...so i am miserable most the weekend but i wake up on Sunday feelin better, i go to church, take myself to see the movie Beauty Shop, which inspired me to do my hair so i ran to Target's grabbed a semi-permanent hair dye in some kind of Auburn color...i got home did my hair, cleaned my apartment, watched tv, talked to my man-friend, and went to sleep...

i woke up on Monday and i just knew that my cold was about gone...i even shaved my legs that morning and put on a cute skirt for work...fast forward to Wednesday, i woke up that morning and couldnt hear out of my right ear, i thought i was trippin, i was like it will go away, i just need to swallow or sumthin and make my ear pop...uh that didnt work, no matter how many times i did it...so i went onto work...and after about an hour, i was through with my morning work, i told my co-workers, i would be back, i couldnt hear out my ear and it was starting to hurt, i was taking my happy azz to the doctor's...

so i went to the doc's...he came in and checked my ears'and was like "Im surprised u can hear at all,"...well dang....he told me both ears were backed up and needed to be flushed out...i had that done once before, not the most glamorous feeling in the world...so the nurse came in with this big suringe and filled up this bucket looking thing with a water/hydrogen-peroxide mixture and then proceeded to tell me to hold this cup type thing under my ear while she shot the mxiture into my ear thru the syringe....this really irritated my ears and got me kinda wet...but i could hear when she was done...so the doc comes back in, looks in my ears, and tell me i have an ear infection thats why iwasnt getting any better....dang, an ear infection!...

so anyway he writes me some perscriptions, i get them filled and i take myself back to work...because i am such a dedicated employee...LMAO....yeah...so...my boss is like go home, go home...and i was like naw, i can stick it out the rest of the day...so then...when i get to work on Thursday, i must look like death or sumthin cause im not at work for 10 minbefore my boss tells me to go home...so i pack up and i go home...on the way home i call my man-friend andt hen my mama (my parents were actaully on their waydown to see me) and then i sleep til like 1 p.m...

i do some very, very light cleaning of my apartment, meaning i hide my liquor stash (which consists of a bottle of rum, a bottle of vodka, a bottle of wine - in not a big drinker), my birth control pills, and various little things that they might ask questions about...my parents arent stoopid people, in fact they are both of above average intelligence so yes they do know that i drink on occasion and i have had sex...but, i dont want to just put it out in their faces like that, out of respect for them...and i haveto still keep my angel image up...well whats left of it anyway...

so they get to my place and we chill go around town and go to eat...do the parent/child thing...and then they go to their hotel...my place isnt big enough to accomodate all us...i mean who is really going to sleep on the floor???...but anyway...im feelin much better today, the antibiotics are doing their thing andthe doc gave me some decongestant medicine...so thats working, i mean im hacking stuff up and blowing stuff out....my ears still feel a little weird but hoepfully ill have to weekend to get back to my sassy, fiesty self....

0 comments: