CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

is my name slim shady?

i must walk around with a look on my face that says, "hey stranger, please say some random comment to me" or maybe there is sometihng written on my forehead that says, "talk to me, I care about what you have to say"

If so...i need to work on walking around with a mean mug on or find some new face wash...
For example...at work I had to run to my car to grab some change cause I was thirsty...as I am walking back to the building a woman ive seen, but don’t even know her name..comes up to me and says, "look over there, there is a road runner up on that rock" now being the nice person I am I didn’t say "yeah so"...said "oooh really where," i even proceeded to shield my eyes from the sun and say, "oh wow look at that"...must have satisfied her because she said "yeah isnt it neat" and she walked away....for a moment I wondered if she pointed it out to me becaues I was black...like being black and living in the desert I wouldn’t have noticed a road runner by now...

Or how about...i love the security guard at work to death...but sometimes I find myself staring intently at my computer when he comes around so that I wont catch his eye...cause I swear if I catch his eye its over...ill be stuck in a 20 min conversation about car engines...which I know nothing about...I have an impala, as long as I can go fast,I got gas and no lights are blinking at me telling me I need to change something or check something...I don’t really give a rats ass...

Random people seem to find me in stores and ask me questions about products I don’t use...like I work for the company...I go out to dinner or drinks with the girls and alla sudden random people are trying to sit with us...
it reminds me of thanksgiving you cant wait to sit at the big peoples table...well thses folks just grab a chair and introduce themselves...sometimes thats cool...sometimes its not...my girl, unrestrictedgenius, over there in my blog roll, has a story about what happened to us friday night...she is nicer than me....btw, im the one kicking her chair all damn night...

Im a nice person...generally...although ive had friends tell me i need to be more sensitive...my roomie just informed me that i dont cry enough...

but im think im a nice person because I tend to indulge these random people so I wont seem rude...but dammit some days I really just don’t care...and I look back and realize I can never get those moments back..they were stolen from me...by folks I don’t know...don’t care to know...and who I will never see again...i coulda spent those stolen moments pondering the meaning of life...

I know I sound real mean or snotty right now...that’s okay...we all have our days...

Im just trying to figure out what it is about me that makes people comfortable approaching me with their random shyt...

btw...im back in the gym....ever since my boyfriend pointed out he has 4% body fat...i have felt the desire to reduce some of the fat on my frame...not too much though...
but i did this ab workout the other night...my muscles right under my breasts are aching...it also happens to be the exact spot where the under wire in my bra rests...its soo uncomfortable...im sitting at work now wishing i could take off all this hardware and let my girls dangle freely...

1 comments:

lyre said...

must be the season. :-)