CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Uncle Jr.

my uncle died over the weekend....

my grandma had 8 children..her first born died at an early age....and now my uncle....the second to last child and the oldest boy child....he is in line after my mother (the youngest girl) and right before my uncle carl (the baby)...

he was diabetic and i guess his sugar got to low...

its funny i just saw him at christmas....

we took pictures...

he was the quiet one on my mom's side...the only one who was quiet...my family is not known for holding their tongues or for using their indoor voices....but uncle jr was not loud...very soft spoken...

on holidays the fam would split up...men downstairs in front of the game and the women upstairs pouring from the kitchen to the living room.....the men would talk about the game, leaping, lunging and yelling at the tv, as if it made an impact on the team...uncle jr would smile and nod...i think just content to be around family...

i didnt know my uncle as well as i wish i did...all those times we would hug as a greeting and not much more...

my mom said that he changed after he came back from vietnam, thats when he became so quiet...i wonder what he thought about...

i asked my mom this morning how my grandma was holding up...she is 85...mom said grandma is good, she has shed some tears but is holding on...she said grandma had a dream and she knew before it happened...my grandma has always had these dreams...my mom said what a burden to know when death is coming....

so to uncle jr. i will miss your calm...your quietness...

i love you....

2 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Sorry about your loss Spel.

I too lost an Uncle this month.

The Humanity Critic said...

That's just terrible, I am so sorry for your loss.