CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

gimme my chopsticks!

Image hosting by Photobucket

ever since my interview in california last month i have been on a sushi binge...once i got back to indy i hit up two japanese restuarnts for sushi at least twice a week...i have found that sushi is not an inexpensive experience...shelling out a minimum of $10 for sushi that i just carried home to eat is not like me...i can be frugal, not as frugal as my best friend 'drea who can make a can of tuna last 3 meals, but i still am not a big spender when it comes to food unless i am having a night out with the girls...then all bets are off...but those meals usually end with a doggy bag...

but this sushi kick is wearing me out...the good japanese resturants are across town, but i make that drive...and i always order two of the following: california rolls, shrimp tempora rolls, salmon rolls, or alaskan rolls with low sodium soy sauce and plenty of ginger...

i went to atlanta a few weeks ago to visit my old stomping grounds ((im still pissed that they turned my beloved Shark Bar into some condos, i have STORIES about the Shark Bar))...but i digress ((i just love saying that)) i didnt even hit up my Glady's Knights Chicken and Waffles ((one again STORIES about that place))...instead i ended up at this great japanese resturant, 2 hours south of atlanta, getting full off of raw fish wrapped in white rice and seaweed...

since i got the job and cali...and will be there TOMORROW i know i will be indulging in plenty more sushi..in fact as soon as i land, grab my rental car, pay my new apartment the first month worth of rent and buy an air mattress to hang out on until my until my furniture arrives (in 5 to 11 days), im going to try and find that place i went to last month and grab some more sushi...this should not be the hightlight of my new life as a resident of sunny southern california...oh i plan to work out too (maybe)

yall pray that my plane doesnt get delayed, or hijacked...its time for sushi...oh and a new adventure and a new job and some great sun and some more money in my pocket...

Image hosting by Photobucket

im sitting pretty in michigan right now hollering at the fam until its time to get on that plane tomorrow...and until i get my cable service connected i guess ill be taking a little hiatus...hopefully it wont be longer than a week...i need my internet...take care...

2 comments:

Rell said...

good luck in your new life in Cali -- unfortunately I just can't do Sushi. I tried one time and the result wasn't positive.

Unknown said...

Hope you made it there safely. Good luck on your new journey.