CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 08, 2006

I Love My Ladies

i was going through some kinda of withdrawal the two years i spent in indiana...i had people who i became close too...who i enjoyed talking to and fellowshiping with...but i missed my girls somethin fierce...my best friends live in mew york, atlanta, michigan, and north carolina...no where near me...i learned how to get along by myself, take myself shopping or out to eat...i learned to cherish every single phone call and visit...i am stronger for that alone time...i think God put me in the position to show me how strong i really am...
but i missed my ladies, i missed the hugs, the laughs, the spur of the moment outtings...
i have many memories, and during most conversations with my girls we always took it back and talked about what we used to do, places we used to go and the crazy times we shared...

i still miss my best ladies...there are five women out there who KNOW ME...who know my history, who i dont have to tell the things i went through because they were there with my holding my hand...and i love them...

college made me value friendships...made me realize how comforting, special and important woman friendships are...and i am BLESSED to have my ladies...

i even met ladies online who i care about...its going on three years since ive met mango and sevens, msinstyle (its so weird using ya'lls screen names)...and although we haven't "met" yet, ya'll have been good to me...yes, i dont call as much as i should...ya'll know i got issues with the phone...but i do think about ya'll and pray for yall right along with my other ladies...

after spending those years in indiana wanting, craving and needing some female bonding He moved me to california...where i was embraced immediately...
i am building relationships with women who are soo there for me...i see them at work and they offer a hug, we meet for lunches and dinners, go out to movies, hit up the mall, sit around someones place and have intimate convos over wine...just last weekend 4 of us hung out at my house drank sangrias and watched diary of a mad black woman til we all fell asleep...i know, hush...then on monday me and two other ladies ordered a table full of thai food and watched the first season of sex in the city....these women are not just co-workers to me anymore...they are friends, people i trust...its in my nature to be critical at first...especially of new people, i dont tell alot about myself when i first meet people...but im glad now that i know i can share who i am...

im also learning that friends dont come in similar packaging...going to a all black womens college, i have to admit, i was a bit biased, i love my black women soo much that i had closed myself off from experiencing other cultures, i essentailly was taking for granted the experiences of other people...but i swear i have a twin out here who is latina...that is my girl...we think too much alike...we have a great time talking and learning from each other...and im glad i took a step back checked myself and opened up to all possibilities...the world aint black and white, cant even try and live in it like it is...people are put in your life for a reason...

i realize that if i hadnt had that time to myself in indiana i probably wouldnt appreciate the connections i have made since ive been in cali...sure there are times when i need to be alone...i have learned that i need space to do me, there are days when i still take myself to lunch or movies because i truly enjoy my own company...but it feels good knowing that i dont have to be alone, i can pick up the phone and make plans...

i smile because i have discovered that value of friendship...i wish i could gather all my ladies in one room...i KNOW that would be an experience...cause all my friends are crazy...yeah, i said it, yall crazy! but i am too...and i know everyone would get along because everyone has something in common...

so anyway...to all my ladies i love yall, i miss yall...and i cant wait to see yall...drea, pru, tootie...atlanta in october?
marie, sandra, leslie, lala, valerie any plans for sunday?

2 comments:

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

I love you too lovely. You are the greatest.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU TOO SPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!


-Mango :p