CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 11, 2005

and the violinist keeps playin...

i had a friend i hadnt talked to in months....we kinda stopped talking around his birthday...i thought he was mad at me and then i got mad cause how he gonna be mad at me and not tell me he is mad at me or why he is mad......well turned out he was not/is not mad...he was just at a point in his life where he needed to pull back from a lot of people...and internal struggle..and i can respect that...i swear i go through a new one every other week...

we saw each other homecoming and it was awkward...but we made it through...so last night - the night when i swore i was going to go to bed at a decent hour so that i could get enough sleep to be at work at 7 a.m....yeah well he called and we had a good 2 hour convo...discussed what was going on in our lives...changes...things that have stayed the same...it was good...it felt really comfortable...there was no weirdness...thats cool...he was one guy i could always chill out with, hang out and have a good time and not have to worry about my safety and i always had a good time....so it was good to reconnect...i have my friend back....i even talked to his mam for a quick sec...i think he is going to call my mama soon, she has been asking about him...i know she is going to give him the 3rd degree..

that the one thing about my fam...if you come to the house just once u r family for life and folks will check up on you...

i get to work this morning and my coworker offer me a bag of what looks like some flour and water mixed together..she then hands me a piece of paper...its Amish Friendship Bread...u have to mash the ingredients in the bag for like 10 days and then add some other ingredients in a few days....and eventually bake...its sounds kinda cool...i heard the bread is really good...im on day 2..so i gotta few days before i can do anthing with it....i guess the yeast rises in the bag...that will be fun to see and finally eat....now i just have to maintain my patience...

i finished reading Assata: An Autobiography...its about assata shakur, the black panther party, her childhood , her trials and finally her escape to cuba...its really well written and very interesting...near then end she writes something that i really liked:
"Dreams and reality are opposites. Action synthesizes them."

i cant wait for tomorrow...im so excited...im going to wake up, grab a new book my mom bought me when i was at home and read until i either go back to sleep or get hungry enough to move...

2 comments:

soul said...

just thought I'd say
HELLLLOOOOO :)

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

The bread is tasty...it's a cool concept.