CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Homecoming...To the Good Life...

its been a week and some change since i made my trip down to atlanta for Spelman/Morehouse homecoming...it was my first time driving more than 5 hours by myself..it was an 8 hour trip and it went very smoothly...the mountains in tennessee were lovely i actually had to make myself slow down cause it was fun taking the turns speeding down the mountains...
i was supposed to meet up with my 3 best friends and we were going to have a weekend full of fun but my best friend in NY couldnt come down because plane tickets were crucial...so it was just me pru and tootie...
so i got to atlanta around 7ish and made it to my pru's apartment...i was so happy to be back in my town...it felt so much like home...i swear my energy was renewed once i got into the city...not that that was a problem anyway considering i had 2 drinks from starbucks, a coke and a took a couple excedrin (they have caffeine) on the trip down...and i never have that much caffeine in my system...

so i get to pru's spot and we run out to target to grab a few things and then we come back to her place shower, get dressed, stop by the ATM then drive downtown to pick up tootie at the hotel where she was staying....and we roll out to Visions..i hadnt been to Visions since our senior year black and white affair and they had totally gutted the place out and remodeled it, it was cool because now there were more dance floors...on the way to the club i had been texting my boy rico, he is like a big bro to me, and he was meeting us there with his brother....so we get in the place and head straight to the bathroom....why do we always head straight to the bathroom?...dunno...but we scoped the place out and found rico...i love that man he is such a good guy, he has always been the homie and has always looked out for me, and i met his younger bro who is a little cutie too....rico hooked me and tootie up with a hen and cran and then split, lol...said he had some dancing to do...cool...me and the girls made our way to one of the other dance floors and worked it out...ended up running into an old classmate...she was a little XTRA huggy...but it was cool we exchanged info and kept on dancing....ended up dancing all night in stiletos...my feet were numb and my thighs were burning by the time we left.....it was great...lol...

on the way to droppin tootie back off i got a call from my boy derek, said he was driving in from work (he lives 2 hours away and works nights) told me and pru to meet him at his place....i was like cool, i havent seen him in 2 years and i was still wide awake (and im a sleeper so that is highly unusual) but i told pru 'girl we r only going to be there for 30 min'...she like cool...so we ended up getting to his place a couple minutes before he did...he pulled up and got out the car me and pru were like no thats not D...cant be...that dude is kinda hot...but then this negro ran to the darn car and pretty much came through the window giving us hugs....same ol D....so we went up to his place and went through some photo albums and then got a tour of the place ending up in D's room.....me and pru jumped on the bed and D turned on a movie...30 min turned into 2 hours which turned into 10 am...LMAO...we stayed there all night...talkin and chilllin watchin videos...both of them dozed off a little but i was still wired so i just watched some more tv...

so it is now saturday morning and me and pru head back to her apartment....we are suposed to be meeting up with folks at the tailgate.....mmmhmmmm, well plans dont always work like that....right when we were going to leave the phone company called and we had to wait for the guy to get there to do something to pru's phone....and we still hadnt eaten i had a sandwich around noon on friday and here its is 1 pm on saturday and i still have not slept or ate anything...so me and pru had to run back to target after the phone guy left then we ran to DSW then we fianlly got sumthin to eat at Cheesecake Factory...now its after 3 and tailgate started at noon and the game started at 2...and me and pru are like ummmmm....its nap time...so we went back to her place and went to sleep...we slept for a good 2 hours when my phone rang....and we both woke up....we chilled around the house for a sec and talked then it was time to get ready to go out again....some guys i went to school with were throwing a 'young alumni' party at this club in midtown called Cherry..and we were gong to be there...lol...and we made it there by 11 and we got in free..so we were feelin that....my boy D had been keeping up with us through the day and we were meeting him there....i knew my boy justin was going to be there...we hadnt spoke in about 8 months...and when we saw each other things were kinda tense...i was perturbed at him and he was probably pissed at me...anyway this negro decides to give me a handshake...DA HELL...i mean me and him have been through a lot, we were homies and i get a handshake..so that pissed me off more...

i turned and walked away...i was on the balcony cause it was hot inside with all the people and i was on drink number 2...i needed some air....just so happens D calls me while im on the balcony, tells me and pru to stay there he is coming up...he gets there grabs my hand and leads me and pru back inside..i was like cool D is buying some drinks....but we passed the bar so i was like umm okay where are we going...turns out D and justin and the crew had the VIP room on lock as soon as me and pru get in there it is like a reunion ..i see quite a few of my boys and they were all doing big things...and so it was real chill sat around talking...this one dude with stank breath was trying real hard to get some...ummm NO....he even said some lame line about licking me from my neck to my kneecaps...i laughed...i was like please (insert eye roll here)....and went on to chill with some other folks...oh did i mention i made a drunk dial call to my man friend when i went to the bathroom...yeah....dont remember that convo...HA

0 comments: