CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 01, 2006

motivation

ive done everything short of just getting up and getting my butt on a treadmill, or doing a single crunch or push up...

i really want to work out...i do!

i went out an bought new sports bras (red, oooh weee!), i buy almost every issue of shape and fitness magazines off the stands in the store, i paid the deposit and got my gym key for my apartment complex, i am a poster child for fiber and regularity - just ask anyone who talks to me on a regular basis (i keep 3 days worth of metamucil caplets in my purse along with multivitamins, extra vitamin C, iron pills, flax oil and folic acid)...

i glance at at least 3 or 4 heath and fitness sites everyday while im at work...

you do not want to go grocery shopping with me, i check labels and compare the amount of sodium in tv dinners before deciding on what to buy...i check to see if the salmon is farm raised, fresh-caught pacific or atlantic (yes, there is a difference)...i buy bran flakes and check for grams of sugar in fruit juices...i started buying naked brand pomagrant fruit juices because of the high antioxidant content...and odwalla smoothes for the soluable fiber content...i go up and down every aisle in the grocery store twice before i leave...

i have a friend who calls me at least every other day aroud 10 a.m. not really to motivate me to go exercise but just motivate me to move in general...and i always get off the phone, roll over and get a couple more hours of sleep...

i do all of this but i have not made it to the gym...im frustrating myself...i always find an excuse to sit around, or sleep...

and now is the time i really need to be exercising...i go out with co-workers at least 4 days a week to the bar...and while i dont always have a drink i am def consuming more alcohol than i have in a good while and by staying out late i am throwing my sleep pattern off...there are quiet a few calories in alcohol...i had my first beer last week - a corona w/ lime - and immediately thought "oh God im going to get a beer belly!"

i need some motivation...i need someone to work out with me...i just feel unhealthy because im not moving, i swear i can feel myself growing...i need to check myself...

i have a friend that told me he is exercising, i was like no dont lose any weight...i just dont want him to get close to my size...i told another guy friend to eat more after i learned how much he weighed cause he is too close to me in the weight arena, and i didnt see myself losing any...

those gym folks out there, how do you motivate yourself and stay motivated and dedicated to the gym? i just cant seem to make it..but i really want to...

4 comments:

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

Find a time that best fits your schedule...stick with it and after a week or so, it becomes second nature.

I work out before I leave to work. I did it through undergard before left for class in the morning. I read early morning exercise before having too much on your stomach is great. I also drink two large classes of ice cold water. The change in body temp causes you to pee, thus getting rid of excess water. Fiber is great and two yogurts a day do it as well. Lean meats and veggies.

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

Ooooooooo we should do a fitness challenge. I'll get it started on my blog. Whatcha think?

Element615 said...

You're worrying to much; while you're right to be so conscious about it, but it's not as if you're sitting around doing nothing. You probably working on a million things at once as usual, and on the bright side at least you're eating healthy. Just let your body rest from your schedule, and one day you'll just get up out of the blue and go.

chill; all in time.

Spelangel said...

yeah sev, lets do that...ill email you...

and elllleeemmmmmeeennnntttt...miss ya huny...u r right i am doing quiet a few things at once..im sitting on my azz, eating, drinking and workins...lol...and no, im not writing...