CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I'm A Pretty Ass Apple....

ERYKAH BADU "Apple Tree"

I'd like to dedicate this to all the children
I have some food in my bag for you
Not the edible food, the food you eat, no
Perhaps some food for thought
Since knowledge is infinite
It has infinitely fell on me, so um...

Verse 1
It was a stormy night, you know the kind where the lightnin' strike
And I was hangin' out with some my yatzhee friends
ooh wee ooh wee ooh wee
The night was long, the night went on,
people coolin' out until the break of dawn
Incense was burnin' so I'm feelin' right, aight

Chorus
See I picks my friends like I pick my fruit
My Ganny told me that when I was only a youth
I don't walk around trying to be what I'm not
I don't waste my time trying to get what you got
I work at pleasin' me
Cause I can't please you and that's why I do what I do
My soul flies free like a willow tree doo wee doo wee doo wee
And if you don't want to be down with me,
then you don't want to pick from my apple tree {x3}
And if you don't want to be down,
you just don't want to be down

Verse 2
I have a hoe
And I take it everywhere I go
Cause I'm plantin' seeds so I reaps what I sow, ya know, ya know
On and on, and on and on my cypher keep's movin' like a rollin' stone
I can't control the soul flowin' in me ooh wee ooh wee

Chorus {x2}

this song is on Erykah Badu's first cd....i was looking through some cd's and decided to put it on and i fell back in love with this song....especially the chorus...i guess this is my mood right now...and i think the attitude has always been a part of me but i think i put myself on the back burner for a while and i was trying to please to many people...i was getting stressed out and i kept wondering why, it was because i was being pulled in so many directions, i was trying to be everything to everybody...this song helped me snap back to reality, it came back to me at the right time...im not saying the song changed my life but it certainly came along and expressed what i was feeling at a time when i am having trouble expressing it to myself...and if you cant express your feeling to yourself, who can you express them too?

so to all those folks who aint supporting me FUCK YOU....and to all those who are trying to bring me down FUCK YA'LL TOO....imma do me, and im going to be selfish cause its about damn time that i did...

i am a good friend, daughter, sister, lover, employee....i am all these things and more to many people but i also have to be good to myself...

when i was in college i spent so much time pampering myself and i have gotten away from that...i need to bring it back to a place where i was all about me and and im not going to feel bad about it...and whoever has a problem with it...please refer to paragraph 2 of my tirade, and then go back up and read the chorus to this song....because if you dont want to be down with me, you dont want to pick from my apple tree....so back up, turn around and keep on walking.....

2 comments:

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

awwwwwwwww Spel I luuuuuvvvvvvvs you

Spelangel said...

aaaaaawwwwwww sevens i luuuuuvvvvs you too....

btw...im looking into CASA and being an advocate...ill email you...