CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 20, 2004

My Nashville Experience...

I am sitting at my desk, supposedly working on a holiday feature for the paper, but really im having an email convo with my boy jules and checking out forums in a message board i frequent....anyways, i realized i never wrote about my nashville experience....so here goes...

i had a great time i got to see my class and catch up over a drinks and dinners....and then more drinks...i loved seeing my girls and my guy again, it almost felt like we had never left each other, we had a great deal to catch up on it was also great remincing and all that....i was sorry to see my friends go because they are such special people...we didnt get a chance to hit up our thai food restaurant or any jazz spots but we spent a lot of time in the hotel lobby...the institute hooked us up as usual, and we paid for nothing and they put us in embassy suites which was nice because we could all hangout in someones room....

we had a hectic schedule for those two days, we were basically in class again except this time we were all back as journalists and so everyone was able to share personal experiences...problems and achievements.....but....some of these folks were OVERBOARD....since all the classes came back there were about 40 people and i am so glad that somma these folks were not in my class cause i would of had to cuss them the hell out....

lets start with the one me and my folks nicknamed "man-ly" why, cause she look like a man and she also talked to damn much, she thought she was a diva but..she wasnt..and im not hating i am always willing to give someone their respect and "props" (<==old school riiiight) but she had something stuck up her ass the whole time and well...SHE LOOKED LIKE A MAN, i was checkin for an adam's apple for a long ass time....and then she had the nerve to want attention and talk about her paper and her problems the whole time...ummm, there are 40 people here, we dont have time for that...i was sooo crunk when our director shut her down and made her look stoopid....man, i love him for that.....

but im not going to talk about the other 2 who needed to sit the hell down...cause it would take way to long...but just know that there are some pitiful ass people in the world and i hope they dont write for the paper you read.....

and...well...maybe my definition of business/business casual is a little different than most but i didnt think that your head scarf that you use to wrap your hair up at night was suitable for wearing the outside your home, or in this case room...especially when it look like u just tightened the knot in the front and pushed on to class....AND...a dirty ass t-shirt tucked in some jeans that dont fit, im confused cause i didnt think that was business dress either...someone please let me know if im wrong....

but i digresss, i had a great time, and i learned a lot more about my profession, met some influential people and some new contacts and bonded again with my folks and had some great food....and even though some folks needed to be SHUT DOWN....it was a good experience and if i go back next year they had better get me a plane ticket....

0 comments: