CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 19, 2005

God...

my girl joan morgan wrote this in her book "When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost"

..."When me and God's relationship is right, everything else just kinda falls into place. if work feels like its demanding too much, i kick it with God and he reminds me of my purpose. if life's obstacles seem too much for me to handle, God wraps his arms around me and reminds me of what we've accomplished together in the past. if lonliness is tempting me to lay my heart down in a place it cant helped but get stepped on, God reminds me that heartache is what tends to set in when a woman calls on a man to do the job that was intended only for him...By giving God his proper place, i free my relationships from unreasonable expectations. and i free myself from fear - because i know that somebody out there has got my back. REGARDLESS."


okay i wanted to dwell on this for a minute but i am getting sleepy so i will be back soon to throw some thoughts on it....good night....

1 comments:

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Oooooh...
This is real deeeep!

God really does have all the answers even when we don't care to listen to them.

What touched me the most about this excerpt was where she says "By giving God his proper place, I free my relationships from unreasonable expectations and I free myself from fear b/c I know that somebody out there has got my back. REGARDLESS"

This is so real.
When he has his proper place in my life I find myself not caring for or needing many things.

I'm keeping this quote.

Thanks for thinking of me.