CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 24, 2005

Aretha....

The song A Rose is Still A Rose by Aretha Franklin/Lauryn Hill is in my head this morning since i heard it on the radio as i drove to work....i think i loved this part the most....

See a rose is still a rose
Baby, girl, you’re still a flower
He can’t lead you and then take you
Make you and then break you
Darlin’, you hold the power
Let your life be in the sunshine
Not the darkness of your sorrow
You may see your all today
When you know it’ll come tomorrow
and then i was looking at some more Aretha lyrics and i ran across this....A Deeper Love...
People let me tell you
I work hard every day
I get up out of bed,
I put on my clothes'
Cause I've got bills to pay
Now it ain't easy
but I don't need no help
I've got a strong will to survive
I've got a deeper love, deeper love
Deeper love inside
and I call it
Pride (a deeper love)
Pride - a deeper love
(Pride) a deeper love
Woah woah woah woah
It's the (pride) power that gives you
The (pride) strength to survive(Pride - a deeper love)
(Woah woah woah woah)
aretha is talking to me today...think im just going to it back and listen....im sure she knows what she is talkin about....

1 comments:

Ms.Seven Supa Sized said...

You brought it back with the Aretha/Lauryn song. I forgot all about that. That was a fav.